V5+® is an advanced autopilot manufactured by CUAV®. The board is based on the Pixhawk FMUv5 design standard, the external interface uses the Pixhawk standard pinouts, and the modular design allows the users to customize their own carrier board. The autopilot is compatible with both PX4 and ArduPilot firmware.V5+ is ideal for academic research and commercial systems integration.
- Main FMU Processor: STM32F765
- 32 Bit Arm® Cortex®-M7, 216MHz, 2MB memory, 512KB RAM
- IO Processor: STM32F100
- 32 Bit Arm® Cortex®-M3, 24MHz, 8KB SRAM
- Accelerometer/Gyroscope: ICM-20689
- Accelerometer/Gyroscope: BMI055
- Magnetometer: IST8310
- Barometer: MS5611
- 8-14 PWM outputs (6 from IO, 8 from FMU)
- 3 dedicated PWM/Capture inputs on FMU
- Dedicated R/C input for CPPM
- Dedicated R/C input for PPM and S.Bus
- analog / PWM RSSI input
- S.Bus servo output
- 5 general purpose serial ports
- 4 I2C ports
- 4 SPI buses
- 2 CANBuses with serial ESC
- Analog inputs for voltage / current of 2 batteries
- Power System:
- Power: 4.3~5.4V
- USB Input: 4.75~5.25V
- Servo Rail Input: 0~36V
- Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 90g
- Dimensions: 85.5*42*33mm
- Other Characteristics:
- Operating temperature: -20 ~ 80°c（Measured value）
DSU7 is a new interface for cuav naming, including fmu swd and uart7 interfaces. When V5+ runs PX4 firmware,uart7 is used as the DEBUG interface; when running ArduPilot firmware; uart7 is used as the communication serial port and usb is used to debug the output.
The PPMIN interface is limited to powering the rc receiver and cannot be connected to any power/load.
V5+ AutoPilot can be triple-redundant on the power supply if three power sources are supplied. The two power rails are: POWER1, POWER2 and USB.
The output power rails FMU PWM OUT and I/O PWM OUT (0V to 36V) do not power the flight controller board (and are not powered by it). You must supply power to one of POWER1, POWER2 or USB or the board will be unpowered.
Normal Operation Maximum Ratings
Under these conditions all power sources will be used in this order to power the system:
- POWER1 and POWER2 inputs (4.3V to 5.4V)
- USB input (4.75V to 5.25V)
Building PX4 Firmware
make px4fmu-v5_default upload
Building ArduPilot Firmware
./waf configure --board CUAVv5
./waf copter --upload
The system's serial console and SWD interface operate on the FMU Debug port. Simply connect the FTDI cable to the Debug & F7 SWD connector (the product list contains the CUAV FTDI cable). It does not have an i/o debug interface.
- Digital Airspeed Sensor
- Telemetry Radio
- Rangefinders/Distance sensors
Supported Platforms / Airframes
Any multicopter / airplane / rover or boat that can be controlled with normal RC servos or Futaba S-Bus servos. The complete set of supported configurations can be seen in the Airframes Reference (PX4 firmware click here, Ardupilot firmware click here).