debug and upgrade firmware
This article will describe how to debug and upgrade the firmware of NEO V2 pro.
NOTE This tutorial is based on SLCAN, the protocol is already supported in Ardupilot firmware; PX4 firmware is not supported at this time.
- Please connect NEO V2 pro to flight control CAN1 interface.
- Open mission planner and connect flight controller.
Modify the following parameters in all parameter tables of the mission planner
for CUAV V5+/nano:
CAN_SLCAN_CPORTset to 1
Serial7_protocolset to 22
- Reboot flight control
NOTE CUAVV5 / NANO / FMUV5 flight control AP4.0 / AP4.0 firmware will have two usb driver ports, one is flight control mavlink output port and one is slcan port; if there are no two ports, please uninstall the driver and reinstall)
For Pixhack series / FMUv2 / FMU V3 / FMU V4 flight control
CAN_SLCAN_CPORTSet to 1
CAN_SLCAN_TIMEOUTSet to 130000
CAN_SLCAN_SERNUMSet to 0
- Please do not reboot the flight control until your operation is complete.
NOTE STM32F4 does not support dual virtual USB ports, so the flight control using STM32F4 processor can only be used for SLCAN after MAVlink transmission is closed; after the above settings, USB becomes SCLAN port; MAVlink transmission will resume after restart.
Ardupilot supports setting UAVCAN settings through Slcan, such as modifying node ID; enabling / disabling barometer, etc.
Modify device ID
- Modify the CAN_NODE parameter
Firmware upgrade using Mission planner
- Select the device port corresponding to slcan.
- Click "slcan mode CAN1" on the UAVCAN interface.
- Click "Update", select NO in the pop-up prompt box (yes is to select online firmware; No select local firmware)
- Select firmware file
- Wait for the writer to complete
Upgrade with UAVCAN GUI TOOL software
- Select the device port corresponding to slcan and click "ok"
- Click "√"; then double-click on the device information (marked in Figure 2 below)
- Click "update firmware", the message box will pop up "yes"
The mode/heakth/uptime entry becomes "SOftware_update"
Waiting for firmware write to complete